Ethiopia – Digital Forestry and Digital Conservation Management / GIZ Biodiversity and Forest Programme III
Subject of the project: Development of digital solutions and strengthening of technical skills for the institutionalization of instruments for protected area management and forestry value chain promotion.
The project aims to
- support the Amhara Forest Enterprise (AFE) to develop the Forest Enterprise Management Information System, a system for forest inventory, and the management of seed production, nurseries, forest establishment, forest utilization, sawmills and stores. The system is Web- and App-based, offline-capable and Geo-enabled.
- support the Ethiopian Wildlife Conservation Agency (EWCA) in setting up an e-learning platform for conservation management for the institutionalization of conservation knowledge.
- support the Wondogenet College in setting up an e-learning platform for forest management for the institutionalization of forestry knowledge.
- set up two knowledge management platforms at Wondogenet and EWCA.
- develop a digital match making platform for potential investments in tourism and conservation.
- develop an aggregated platform for NDC monitoring.